|Happy Green Hills|
2006; published on December 14th, 2008
4.18 (39,000+ votes)
The player begins on a flat, grassy surface in front of a landmine. Not too far away is a small hill and a cave.
Inside The Cave
By the entrance of the cave is a slope. Then there is a log bridge and a large gear followed by two rocky platforms that can be used as a shortcut. Next is another gear with less and smaller teeth and three rocky elevators leading to the exit of the cave where the two paths join.
Over The Cave
The top of the cave contains a lot of blocky stones. There is a steep upward slope leading to ruins with a small, breakable stone wall. Past the ruins is a downward slope and the other side of the cave where the two paths meet.
After The Cave's Exit
There is a few ramps with steep pits and a couple of smaller caves, leading directly to the finish line, a stack of checkered blocks.
- Sometimes, with all characters, after you restart the level, the blood texture will be gone.
- When the player holds on to a wall next to a rocky elevator or hold onto "nothing", the elevator will start to shake once it starts to rise because the arm is blocking the elevator from rising. This may cause it to rise and drop at the wrong time once the arm releases the elevator.
- After restarting the level as Helicopter Man, any rotors that were broken off can be seen as non-interactive objects.
- Sometimes, when starting with Wheelchair Guy, Lawnmower Man's vehicle engine can be heard.
- Previously, when viewing this level in the User Level Browser, the date that it was published would be shown as "11/30/99", meaning that it was released in 1999. This was later fixed.
- When the search function was down for the first time, the result would've always and only shown this level. While some may think this was an attempt to bump up the level's amount of plays, Jim said that he did not know why it was happening.
- This level can be played on the v1.52 demo, but not in the v1.10 demo.
- On certain computers, when "compressed textures" is enabled in the options menu, some non-fixed blocks will appear as normal blocks to speed up loading. This does not occur in the demo version.
- There is a way to fall under the map; however, instead of falling off-screen like usual, the character can be seen falling down past the background limits and landing on an invisible floor. Smaller characters such as Irresponsible Son can be pushed down either side of the log bridge, allowing them to fall right through it.
- Happy Green Hills is the only level to feature an alternative finish line (aside from tokens and triggers), which is a stack of checkered blocks.
- The landmine in this level is very sensitive compared to the ones found in other levels. Even a slight touch on the slit will blow it up.
- The light on the landmine no longer flashes in this level. It is unknown what version caused this to happen.
- This was the first and only level published in 2008.
- All collisions in the level are handled by basic shapes (see gallery below).
- The level's height is greater than the height of the space the level editor provides.
A sequel to the level, under the title level2 and also using custom-made objects, was in the works at some point, but was cancelled shortly after. The slideshow below displays all the custom objects made for the level.